Running a website as a desktop app is relatively simple and you can easily convert any website by using Applicationize. To do that, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Applicationize website.
- Enter the address of the website that you want to convert.
- Optional: Configure additional options such as app icon, app title, custom frame color and the ability to open links as popups.
- After doing that, click Generate & Download Chrome Extension button. Now you need to open Chrome and navigate to chrome://extensions tab.
- Open File Explorer and locate the downloaded file. Drag and drop the file to the chrome://extensions tab in Chrome.
- Now, right click the newly added application and check Open as window option from the menu. Right-click the application again and choose the Create shortcuts option.
- Select the desired location for a new shortcut and click OK.
After doing that, the extension will be installed and you can access it by navigating to chrome://apps page.